Monday, June 1, 2009

The Islands

Hi all, I spent 3 nights in Phi Phi and it was very beautiful, despite the fact it rained for 2 of those days. On the second night there was a crazy storm, it was so windy. I stayed in a fairly dodgy place for the first 2 nights and got sick of it and moved to a nicer one for the last night. I went on a boat tour to see 'The Beach' and went snorkelling and kayaking and had dinner on the boat at sunset. I met some cool people, and hung around with some english guys and aussie girls I met for some of the time. I had a beautiful seafood dinner at one of the restaurants near the beach one night and another night stayed up until the sun rose at the Ibiza bar. I think I liked it so much because the island doesn't have roads, just paths. You could walk around the island in a couple of hours. A lot of the buildings are still being rebuilt after the Tsunami in 2004, which is quite devastating that its taken them 5 years. I then caught a boat to Phuket for 1 night. I knew I wouldn't really like it there because I'd heard it was really busy and touristy. And I was right. Patong Beach is like Surfers Paradise but crazier and stinkier. I caught a bus the next morning to Suratthani and then a barge to Koh Samui, where I am at the moment. It is more island-like, and I'm staying in a beautiful little bungalow right on the beach in Lamai. The water is really nice and warm and it isn't very busy or crowded being low season. Tomorrow I am off to Koh Phangan where I will stay for a week until the Full Moon Party on the 7th and then back to Bangkok!
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment